Mistika in brief
There are many reasons to own a Mistika system but put simply Mistika allows you to complete projects more quickly, or alternatively to do more complex work within your allocated time and budget. Whatever the project SGO Mistika will make things easier and quicker.
“We had extremely difficult challenges to overcome leading up to the beginning of The Hobbit principal photography…we decided to go down a path of using Mistika as the hub for our new digital rushes workflow. There was no other system that could deal with turning around stereoscopic RED EPIC high frame rate material in the time-frame, and with the quality that we needed.”
David Hollingsworth - Head of Picture, Park Road Post, Wellington, New Zealand
Providing a level of creativity that’s unrivalled by any other post production system, Mistika offers a complete toolset to create graphics, looks, styles, titles and effects that are fully integrated into highly-developed editing and colour correction tools.
The mind-blowing speed at which projects can be conformed, verified, graded, titled and have effects added, in-sync with associated audio, is impressive and incomparable. The outcome is that more work can be accomplished in less time, without compromising creative quality.
Less time is spent processing and designing, which means that projects are completed much faster, which in turn, reduces post costs as more work can be completed within the budgeted time.
A combination of non-destructive operations, combined with high bit-depth processing and algorithms, guarantees the best possible quality, all at real-time throughput, with the most advanced creative tools available .
Time Line Features
- Fast-paced full-featured time line-based editing for those last minute online changes.
- Instant copy to make alternative versions, including full length feature films.
- Drag-and-drop effects and pre-sets for ultra high-speed versioning of promos and commercials
- Direct use of most common file formats.
- Mix any resolution on the same time line such as SD, HD, 2K and 4K.
Colour Grading Features
- Misitka incorporates advanced, Telecine-style colour grading, designed for use in demanding feature film “Digital Intermediate” projects.
- Controls include Primary, Secondary, Fixed Vector plus six Free Vectors, in combination still run at real-time and even in HD.
- The six Free Vectors allow selected areas or “power windows” of colour changes that can be soft-masked and tracked to on-screen objects.
Unlimited Layers Feature
- Unique unlimited “stacking” system allows one effect to drive the next effect, so that original aspects can be easily created and copied.
- Layer stacks can be instantly copied to other shots to quickly duplicate effects.
- Layers are always “open” so any layer can be changed at any time.
- The layers form part of the timeline itself, making it a quick and easy process for the compositor to re-visit an effect or modify how the effect was made accordingly.
- The fastest motion tracking on any system – in excess of 150 frames per second.
- Fully featured animating paint system.
- 3D environment for arranging multiple planes of pictures, including animating camera positions and multiple lights.
- Titling that can be animated and use thousands of typefaces. Titles can drive other effects to create an unlimited number of type styles.
- Vast array of inbuilt effects, plus the ability to mix any combination of any number of effects together to create an unlimited palette of new looks.
- Accepts third party effects for an even greater and growing range.
- Specialist tools such as wire and rig removal and advanced shot speed change effects included.